We are a cabinet planning and installation company with operations in Quebec and Ontario as well as the United States. At Traemand our mission is to provide the service we want for ourselves, in the heart of our customer’s home. When it comes to remodeling, we know that the little details and that extra effort to do the right thing can make a big difference. We serve global retailers and manufacturers, specializing in kitchen, closet, and bath cabinet planning and installation. With a passion for carpentry, we value high quality craftspeople with a persistent quest for perfection.
Founded in 2005 by a Danish Master Carpenter and starting in an actual garage, Traemand began its quest to make clients remodeling dreams a reality. Today we are partnered with the world’s largest furniture retailer to plan and install their cabinet line nationally. We are growing at a rapid pace with great people and great opportunities in almost every major metropolitan market in the country.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Using the data provided by the Field Measure Technicians, the Planning & Installation Consultant provides all Pre-Installation Services for the installation of kitchen cabinets and other products in residential homes or job sites. This position provides kitchen cabinet design services to Traemand customers, verifying that all features and benefit options have been reviewed and discussed, and supporting the customer through their whole project all the way to a completed installation.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safety first, in everything we do. Consistently follow all safety rules and precautions.
- Read and understand plans and measurements of spaces including, but not limited to, garage, kitchen, closet, and bath cabinets.
- Use computer aided planning software to create plans, drawings, diagrams and other visual renderings of space and product layout.
- Use all systems and technology associated with working in a Traemand Planning Center.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, customers and vendors.
- Daily, assist customers via technology, phone and email to create kitchens in a 3D rendering software that are functional and beautiful using world class products.
- Complete all Pre-Installation Services
- Produce installation price quotes; cabinet plans, room layouts or other product plans as applicable in the software application required by Company.
- Organize and upload required documents to the required Company software application as directed and in accordance with the policies and requirements of the Company.
- Create installation contract and begin initial scheduling discussions.
- Develop sales leads, and follow up with the customer to provide world class customer service through the sales process and use persuasive selling skills to close installation sales
- Responsible to meet and exceed productivity and conversion goals.
- Responsible to meet project deadlines
- Resolve all first level complaints with respect to Pre-Installation Services.
- Completing all training requests by Company and performing such training in accordance with requirements of Company.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Additional Responsibilities: As identified and assigned.
Education & Certifications:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Associates or Bachelors’ degree in Architecture preferred
- Design school or NKBA certification preferred.
- 3D rendering software experience preferred.
- Kitchen cabinet or other product layout and design experience.
- Kitchen or interior design experience.
- Sales experience.
- Customer service experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability and eagerness to provide each customer with an exceptional experience.
- Ability to deliver the most professional, efficient and highest quality planning support in the industry.
- Ability to plan, predict, and anticipate future needs and act proactively.
- Ability to see the relation between details and the bigger picture and prioritize accordingly.
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated passion for design.
- General construction or remodeling knowledge.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Creativity and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines
- Making recommendations based on stated and implied needs.
- Embraces technology and is proficient with design software.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand different complex scenarios and calculation methods
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The standard work environment for this position is an indoor office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently sit, talk or hear, and will occasionally stoop, kneel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. When possible, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- IKEA Kitchen cabinet design experience is strongly preferred
- Sales experience
- Customer Service experience
- General Construction or Remodeling knowledge
- Passion for design
- Paid Vacation
- Health insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Office tools provided
Priority will be given to those who are able to begin a training class on 2/4/19
THIS COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST APPLICANTS OR EMPLOYEES ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, AGE, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, OR DISABILITY.